Use & Occupancy in Connecticut

Why do I need an Use and Occupancy Agreement for My Residential Closing?

A Use and Occupancy Agreement protects one party’s interest in real property, and the other party’s right to live in said property that they don’t necessarily own. A Use and Occupancy Agreement would be entered into by two or more parties who do not reside together.  Potential scenarios include a potential buyer for a property who moves in prior to a closing date, or a couple that perhaps parted ways, and now only one of them lives in the house and the other person owns it.

In either scenario, the agreement would protect both the property owner’s rights, as well as the person presently residing in the house. There are a variety of other circumstances where a use and occupancy agreement may be necessary, so if you are unsure as to whether or not you need one, you may want to seek the advice of an attorney.


Why Should I Contact Wolf & Shore Law Group to Draft My Use and Occupancy Agreement?

Looking to make your use and occupancy issue easier, not harder?  More civilized and less stressful?  Choose Wolf & Shore Law Group. Attorneys Kristen Wolf and Shari Shore are both tenacious enough to protect your best interest and compassionate enough to help get you through a difficult use and occupance case.

Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Click here or call us at 203.745.3151.